The next reunion will be in Norfolk Virginia September 5th through the 9th 2017
IF ANY OF YOUR CONTACT INFORMATION (MAILING ADDRESS, EMAIL ADDRESS, TELEPHONE NUMBERS, ETC.) HAS CHANGED, PLEASE CONTACT EITHER KEITH BIRKHOFER OR GUS TOMUSCHAT FOR MARINES OR JUDY CHIDESTER FOR DEPARTMENT OF STATE PERSONNEL WITH THE UPDATED INFORMATION SO THE ROSTERS MAY BE KEPT CURRENT. (Click on the appropriate name to send them an email)
Site last updated:
- July 21, 2017 - Update the list of reunion attendees
- June 27, 2017 - Updated the "In Memoriam" list and added a link to a virtual Vietnam Wall website which was sent to me by Jim Prosser. Check it out as it is very sobering
- June 25, 2017 - Updated the next reunions website with all the details available at this time
- April 15, 2017 - Announced the next reunion date and published the reunion website. Go to the Reunions page and click on the reunion logo to activate it.
- December 3, 2016 - Fixed problem with opening the Marine roster under the Member's Page
American Embassy Saigon Before The Fall of Saigon in 1975
Our website is intended to allow interested people to understand what serving our country was like at the American Embassy, Saigon, Republic of Vietnam. Our group consists of Marine Security Guards, who are responsible for the security and welfare of personnel and property at United States of America foreign missions throughout the world, civilian employees who served their country in Saigon in various capacities, Marines of Company "E" who provided perimeter security, and Army, Navy and Air Force servicemen who were assigned to the Embassy in various positions.
The picture below has too much history to it to put it into one of the photo albums. It is of Tim French holding a remnant of the front door of the old American Embassy in Saigon. The Viet Cong attacked the Embassy in 1968 during the Tet Offensive and broke down the front door. Tim's father, the Administrative Officer in Saigon at the time, had a panel of the door with the American Embassy seal framed, and Tim now has it at his apartment in Bangkok, Thailand.
Number of Visitors To This Site To Date.